Saturday, March 6, 2010

First Date DOs and DON'Ts

Okay, so you meet someone, hold a pretty decent conversation, exchange numbers, and then the big day comes up. No, not the wedding, the first date. The first date is almost as nerve-wrecking as an interview. Hell, it is an interview to some degree. It can either go really good or really bad. Now the question remains, what are some of the basic dos and don'ts of a first date? My girl, Veralyn (hey girl!) from SexReally.com had the same question on her mind as well and interviewed her friends to see what are the dreaded deal breakers, rules, and regulations of a first date. Check out her latest SexReally.com V-log!




Now there were definitely some good answers, but of course I have some of my own complete w/ some video examples:

DOs
1. Be clean (I'm a Virgo woman so that really counts w/ me, but I'm sure that counts w/ anybody...Your body odor or breath shouldn't get there 5 minutes before you do)
2. Be polite (I hate when people are vulgar and rude; it'll make me put you in your place)
3. Be honest (if you went to jail, have a kid, whatever, I'd rather you tell me upfront. Don't false advertise!)
4. Be yourself...there's nothing more refreshing than being around a person who's comfortable in their own skin. Besides, it'll give me a chance to see if our personalities complement each other.
5. Hold an intelligent conversation w/ me. Aside from finding out about each other's interests, let me know that you know what's going on around the world.
6. Take me out on an unconventional date...just as long as it's not hiking or has anything to do w/ bugs and rodents
7. Have fun and be funny...who the hell wants someone boring?
8. Bring flowers...try giving me something other than roses like lillies, orchids, tulips, etc.


DON'Ts
1. Like in a movie theater, please don't talk on your cell phone. Point blank, it's real rude. If it's an emergency, just excuse yourself; I'll understand.
2. Please don't talk about sex on the first date because it's a BIG turnoff. Who said you was gonna get some after the check?!

3. Don't monopolize the conversation w/ tales about yourself...if you want to hear yourself talk, go home and leave me out of it.
4. Don't show up drunk or high. You wouldn't do that in a job interview would you?
5. If the date goes well, don't blow up my phone the next day(s) asking me about my whereabouts. Don't be a thirstbucket because I'll purposely ignore you and you'll kill whatever good thoughts I had about you. Everything should be in moderation.
6. Don't come to the date w/ 100 questions regarding my Facebook page...can you say 'stalker'?

These are some of the things that make me tick, but all in all, first dates can either go well or awfully awry. In the end, you'll always have a story to tell your friends!

No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger