Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Slim Thug's Philosophy on Black vs. White Women





So some people have been buzzing about this Vibe magazine article with Slim Thug and with good reason. In the article, Slim Thug talks about his reasons for being in an interracial relationship and while I'm cool with interracial relationships, I think his reasons have people in an uproar. Here's some excerpts from the article:

"It's hard to trust a Black woman because a lot of Black women's mind frame is that the man gotta do everything for her - he gotta pay for this, he gotta pay for that, and if it ain’t about money then a lot of them ain't ****ng with him. If that’s what you’re here for then I don’t want to be with you."

"...[but] my White woman is fine. She don’t give me no problems, she do whatever I say and y’all gotta do all that arguing and fighting and worry about all this other ****."

"White women treat they man like a king and Black women feel like they ain’t gotta do that *****. Black women need to stand by their man more. Don’t always put the pressure of if I'm ******ing with you, you gotta buy me this and that."

From what he's saying, it seems as if he's not with this girl because he genuinely loves her, but because she does what he says. I've heard and seen many Black men make this a sole reason for dating White women which I think is the most ignorant reason to date anybody of any race. I know a lot of White women who aren't stereotypically docile towards men, Black, White, Latino, etc. and find that thinking offensive. So Slim Thug, you're not that damn hot to every White woman and not all of them are lined up to cook you food and wash your dirty drawers.

As a young Black woman, I am disappointed that yet another Black man chooses to reject the Black woman because of this stereotype. I'm not denying that there are Black women out there that are just looking for what they can get out of a man, but guess what? This isn't limited to just Black women either. Gold digging knows no color, guys remember that. Furthermore, I don't appreciate how yet again all Black women are all grouped as the stereotypical neck rolling, gold digging, finger waving, argumentative females. Yes, there are Black women like that, but if that's all you've been dating, then my man, that sounds like a personal problem. There are plenty of Black women that don't act that way and they can support their man without being a servant to them. I support my Black men (i.e. my father, uncles, my boyfriend, etc.) , but I don't support one that doesn't want to understand or support a Black woman's strength and intelligence while giving her the love that she needs. Now if you happen to fall in love with someone outside of your race, then that's all good too because love knows no color, but if you are actively seeking another woman of another race just because they're easy or they don't argue with you as much, then you never deserved a good Black woman anyway.

No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger